Quantcast

1994 Suzuki ltf250 - Cranks Up~Then Quits

BURNETT73

I just bought a quadrunner yesterday for a project and it has been sitting for a while we put some gas it in and it trying to crank up but once it would it wouldn't stay running the gas was on we are thinking it's to do with the gas peacock or the carb. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix it?

i would take the petcock off first, or even the hose leading to the carb and make sure it flows. i would check your voltage regulator with an ohm meter and make sure you are getting steady current. last i would take the carb off and clean it thoroughly, the wire twist ties you get for garbage bags, strip them to the metal and run them through everything and use lots of carb cleaner, make sure the needle and seat are good, needle should have a nice point to it. make sure the float level is at the right height too.

Edited by oxidized_black

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Arizona
      I recently bought a 87 TRX 250 not running of course, the owner had a brand new Key Switch on it.
      I think it is the wrong one or wrong wire colors as the colors dont match up with wiring diagram i downloaded for it. 
      anyone have a pic of their ign switch wires where they connect with the wire colors for that model? I ended up leaving the black/w stripe and
      green wire disconnected in order to hot wire it for other testing but would like to know as the colors dont match diagram. 

• By Parham
      My starter seemed to be "dragging" for a few weeks.  I thought my battery was going bad.  Bought a new battery, charged it fully, and still no change.  Relay clicks and starter MIGHT, reluctantly, turn engine slowly one or two revolutions.  Somebody (Mech?) please point me in the right direction...what connections/wires have come loose?
    • By exalrod
      Hello All !
      I am looking for a service manual and wiring diagram for a 2005 50cc Polaris Predator 4 wheeler.
      Could anyone help with this?
    • By Flash_fella
      I had a sudden loss of spark in my 1988 Suzuki LT300E quadrunner and we tried a new plug but still no spark. Then we checked the boot and there was no issues with it. I then took off the coil as I was going to get a resistance reading with a multimeter however I cannot find anywhere what the readings should be. The coil is a Mitsubishi F6T 411. Any help would be appreciated. 
    • By HoldenBoy
      Hi all,
      Looking for some help on a starter/bendix issue. Can Am outlander 450 2017. While cranking to start, the starter spins and engages into the ring gear. After a few seconds the bendix retracts while still spinning and there is no damaged teeth on the drive pulley.